Wall All Full

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Look Mom! No more stripes!



I guess my post about our half finished living room got us motivated. Maybe its because that I'm having friends over this weekend. Or the fact we have some house guests coming at the end of the month. I don't know. But something finally got to us and we finished!



Jon even cleaned when he was painting under the stairs. 


I love love love love love this color. Its warm, inviting and the perfect neutral. Its a great starting point for this room. Our house looks so much more done now that the living room is painted. If we ignore the mismatched sofas and coffee tables. 

Obviously we still have a lot to do in here. We need a new couch. I think a smallish sectional would look good. Once we have a couch then we can get a coffee table. I'm not really fan of the two mismatched ones pushed together. And a new rug because that carpet remnant isn't really doing it for me. But these are all big ticket items that have to wait until we save enough money and find the ones we want. 

There are things that we can do now. We want to find away to hide all of the TV cables. I wish we could put them inside the wall but since its mounted above the fireplace that's not really an option. And we were discussing a photo gallery wall above the couch. I just have to be on the look out for frames. 

We love this color so much we are planning to use it in the stairway and upstairs hallway. That will give it some continuity since its an open space. Painting that area will be a bit more complicated because the ceilings are so high and we are still trying to figure out how to place a ladder on the landing. 

Progress. It feels good my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! We love hearing from our readers.