Someone once asked me why we would buy a house that needed so much work? Wouldn't it have been easier to get a home that had everything done already? Well, yes, BUT those houses were a lot more money than we willing to spend at the time. Wedding Planning + First Home = Super Stretched Budget. And we would miss all the fun. The decorating is the BEST part.
Our first weekend in the house we sat down and made a list of the things we wanted to do around here. Its a long list that lives on our fridge (and now here).
Behold our To Do List! Its big but so are our dreams for the place.
To Do & Upgrade
- Get New Air Conditioner
Stove (because the 70's are over)
- Mounted Microwave
- New Dishwasher
- Master Bath
- Retile Shower & Floors
- Add Another Sink
- Customize Closets (more for me than Jon)
- New Flooring Throughout (hardwood please!)
- Baseboards (since ours are tiles stuck to the wall)
- Add Crown Molding
- Replace Stair Treads & Railings
- Reface & Customize Kitchen Cabinets
- New Kitchen Countertop
- Add a Kitchen Backsplash
- Replace Kitchen Sink
New Kitchen Faucet
- New Vanity, Sink & Mirror in Master Bath
Cover the Open Patio in the Backyard
- Add Green Space in the Back
- Epoxy or Stain Garage Floor
Create/Rearrange New Shelves in Garage
- Install a Cabinet above the Washer & Dryer
- Add a Door Casing to the Dining Room
- Add Ceiling Fan in Master Bedroom
- Install New Sliding Glass Door
Need to Buy
Big TV Dining Table & Chairs King Size Bed & Mattress
- Matching Nightstands
- Coffee Table
- New Lamps everywhere
To Decorate & Makeover
Did you get tired just reading it? Us too.
We know that we probably won't get through everything before we move. It would be a miracle if we did. But when we do get something done, its so rewarding to cross it off the list!
And... obviously there are a ton of other little things I come up with and add to the list!