See You Later...

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

This will be our last blog post for a while. Why? Because we are finally taking our long awaited honeymoon! The destination? EUROPE!

The last few months of 2012 were a whirlwind for us. In between home buying, new jobs, our wedding and settling into married life we really didn't have a lot of time or money to take our honeymoon. Jon was actually offered a new job the day we moved into our house and he started on October 1st, just 26 days before our wedding! That meant he didn't have any time off. So he was only able to take off a couple of days for our wedding and then we took a trip to Napa for a few days on a mini (honey) moon. But the plan was always to take a real, fabulous honeymoon once Jon had accrued some vacation time and we saved up a bit more. 

And then life happened. We celebrated our first holidays as a married couple, Poseidon came to live with us and we spent most of our weekends fixing up our home. And the honeymoon got pushed to the back of our minds. 

Then my cousin invited us to her wedding in New York (its actually in New Jersey but my family lives in New York) and we thought "we're already part of the way there... let's just go from there!" That's exactly what we are doing.


We are starting our trip off in New York. We'll be in town for a few days celebrating with my large extended family the marriage of my cousin Paola and her (really) soon to be husband David. We are planning of visiting the 9/11 memorial since it was still under construction on our last visit in 2010. We also plan on visiting Lady Liberty because the last time I was there I was so small my mom carried me up to the top. But the main attraction is the wedding! My sister and I are excited to be bridesmaids and my whole family is excited to see all of our large extended family.


Saturday night (the wedding is Friday) Jon and I will take off for Dublin, Ireland. Naturally Jon wants to visit the Guinness Storehouse and the Old Jameson Distillery. I really want to see the Dublin Castle, Kilmainham Gaol and Trinity College. We're both excited to hang out in Temple Bar at night and go to the pubs.


Next up is Munich, Germany. One word: Oktoberfest! Jonathan and really love Oktoberfest and go to a large one up in Big Bear so it will be so AWESOME to go the real one! We're also going to going to the Hofbrauhaus. We will take a break from the beer drinking to visit Dachau.


Our third stop will be in Salzburg, Austria. I think I'm most excited for this leg of the trip. I did a semester there when I was in college and it holds such a special place in my heart. I'm excited to show Jon around the city since it was such powerful experience for me. Our agenda includes: Mozart's birthplace, the Fortress and the Stiegl Brewery. We're also going to visit the house where I lived during my time there and visit all the places I used to go to.


We'll end (insert super sad face here) our trip in Budapest, Hungary. Neither one of has been there so we're going to be playing this one by ear. We figure we'll be really tired at this point so the only thing that we are doing for sure is visiting on the old baths there. Apparently Budapest is know for thermal baths and we think that sounds incredibly relaxing. We need to recharge before we make the loooong trip back to California. 

The only downside to the trip? Leaving Poseidon behind. We'll miss him but I'm sure my family will take good care of him in our absence. Hopefully he'll miss us too!

Anyway, this means we won't be blogging for a while. But I'm sure the time will fly by and we'll be back to roaming the aisles of Home Depot in no time!

*all images courtesy of my BFF Google*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! We love hearing from our readers.