Stop If You Dare

Monday, September 16, 2013

This is the easiest and cheapest craft I've done.


It all started when I spotted this witch at HomeGoods. She was only $20 and has four metal prongs that allow you to stick her in the dirt.


When Jon and I tried to stick her right outside our door we had to move one of the alarm adverting stakes to accommodate her. We didn't really know what to do with it so we left it on the ground. I actually thought I could it for a Christmas decoration but the universe had other plans.


A few weeks later we were at Target in the dollar section perusing the Halloween goodies when I spotted this sign. Thank you Halloween spirits for sending this my way!


After letting sit on the counter for a week (typical) I decided it was time to get my craft on. I washed the stake off and wiped it dry. Then I liberally applied some tacky glue to the front of the preexisting sign and carefully centered the new one over it.

I did try to use my glue gun at first but that really didn't work out so I used the tacky glue. I weighed it down with some old bookends and let it dry.


Once it was dry Jon stuck in the ground on the opposite side from the witch. I didn't get a good photo of it outside since it was already dark but you get the idea.

One more time, side by side.


 Annnnnnd we're done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! We love hearing from our readers.