Come On In!

Monday, June 10, 2013

Behold! The power of paint!


Check out the boring before:


Jonathan and I finally started working on the main living space of our house. Its an open space thats divided into four spaces: the living room, dining room, kitchen and entryway. Obviously we've already started in the dining room but we wanted use a different color living room and entryway.  After much debate we selected this light neutral from Behr paint. It was actually pretty hard to chose a color because we plan on using it throughout the downstairs. We want it to complement the deep gray we have in the dining room and whatever we decide to do in the kitchen one day. 

We decided to start by our front door for a few of reasons. One, we didn't have to move any couches. Two, it's a small space so it wouldn't take the entire weekend. Three, once we add a piece of artwork in that empty space behind the door we're done!

I gathered all the painting supplies and Jon did his thing.


After he was done I cleaned up. I removed all the tape, cleaned and reattached the switch plate and replaced our "S" wreath. Isn't that a pretty wreath? It was a wedding gift from a crafty coworker. Normally it's  on the outside but when I hang a holiday wreath I move it inside. Right now its been temporarily replaced by our 4th of July wreath.


I've just been staring at the corner. Out of all the paint colors we used so far this is my favorite. And since the half bath is right next to it I can pretend our house is actually all done. If I'm looking at from the right angle from our couch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! We love hearing from our readers.