Halls Decked!

Monday, December 23, 2013

Our home is finally ready for Christmas!



Our stockings are by the chimney (with care, of course). Poseidon's bone shaped one is in the middle. 


To decorate our coffee table I spayed painted beer bottles with gold glitter. Yes, glitter comes in the form of spray painted. I sealed the bottles with a coat of clear acrylic (also in spray paint form).  I already had the long red and gold branches and Jonathan purchased the short leafy ones. 


I added a nutcracker (free on Black Friday!) and silver acorn to our side table. 


To accommodate the Christmas tree I had to move the console table into the dining area. I placed underneath the mirror and placed two of the dining chairs on either side. I made the wreath with some leftover deco mesh and bought the wooden "S." It also got the gold spray paint treatment. On the console table there's a faux tree that I bought for $2 from Big Lots five years ago. Next to it is a piece of  Styrofoam that I wrapped last year to stick all of the Christmas cards we received. We got a lot last year so I didn't use it this year. On top of it is a big salad bowl filled up with extra ornaments. 





Jon helped me move the dining table around (which I actually like a lot better) to make room for the console table. I left the tablecloth from Thanksgiving on it and added a black runner with gold snowflakes on it from Target years ago. My brother gave me the wine box and I just stuck in the six poinsettias I got on Black Friday. The red and green matched perfectly so I left it alone. 



I wrapped deco mesh, garland and lights around the handrail of our staircase. I added ribbon and decorative picks along the way. I also saved all of the holiday cards we received last year and hung them in between the spindles. 


Originally I wanted to put this little tree by the staircase window but the cord wasn't long enough so I had to place it here instead. 


Outside Jon opted for the traditional color lights but it was my idea to place the tree outside. 


Now all we're missing is some presents under our tree... but I don't really feel like wrapping them all just yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! We love hearing from our readers.